As Wood Innovations enters a period of rapid growth and development, we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, innovative, dynamic IT Administrator who can develop, implement, and execute the IT development strategy. The role will require a confident, forward thinking, pro-active individual who can use their own initiative to identify, develop and deliver new ways to improve or do things differently.
Reporting to the CEO and GB Operations Manager the position will be an integral part of the organisation and will be expected to bring additional knowledge and experience to aid the growth and expansion of the company.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Job Title: IT Administrator
Salary: From £30,000 (Based on experience)
Location: Carnbane Industrial Estate Newry
About the Role
This dynamic role will involve various duties.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintain infrastructure resilience, backup, and recovery.
- Diagnosing and supporting employees’ technical issues with their IT including hardware, software, network, telecommunications, and internet connectivity.
- Maintain the current technology infrastructure to ensure that it is reliable, optimized and fit for purpose.
- Ensure that the technology infrastructure is secure and remains so, working closely with the IT external provider.
- Maintain information technology and computer systems, monitoring network technology change and delivering on same.
- Disaster planning to keep the company functional in the event of a crisis.
- Deliver on agreed IT strategy on the achievement of goals and objectives to meet with organisational growth plans.
- Identify and develop opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Research and evaluate hardware and software technology options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis when making large purchases on behalf of the company.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Conduct post-project evaluation.
- Responsible for our Microsoft Windows based systems, (Office 365, Email, etc) as well as our ERP system (Herbst) and E-Commerce infrastructure (Marketing Manager, ActiveOnline etc).
- Assist all areas where necessary across the business in support of company-wide objectives in safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Analyse data to determine root-cause and develop long term sustained corrective actions.
- To work effectively with other teams and departments.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills, Experience & Technical Competencies
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience as an IT Administrator or similar role, using a similar system in a similar industry would be desirable.
- In depth working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows and the Office packages.
- Security domain expertise or mindset.
- Proven ability to develop appropriate plans to meet operational needs.
- Proven ability to lead and work on large/complex projects in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems.
- Must have minimum of GCSE Grade B in English & Mathematics, or equivalent.
- Foundation Diploma/Degree in IT & Computing or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- Strong analytical skills, business savvy and ability to multitask.
- Experience in working successfully with third party suppliers/agencies.
- Self-motivated and able to drive projects forward autonomously.
- Willing to travel throughout the UK.
- Have full driving licence and access to own car.
- At least 2 years of experience using an ERP system.
- Experience with ShopWare, Firebird or automation platforms.
- Background in integrating with E-Commerce API’s, writing API Clients, and building workflows.
Effective Communication skills: Able to adapt communication to audience and create detailed written and graphical documents and reports. Present a professional image that promotes the company.
Initiative: Ability to work alone to get results in an effective way but is aware when assistance is required to adhere to deadlines.
Team Player: Always willing to be involved in other activities to achieve objectives. Works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues. Demonstrates honesty, loyalty and commitment.
Customer Focus: Takes time to question and understand the real, underlying needs of the customer, beyond those initially expressed. Always works closely with customers, developing an independent view of their needs and acting in their long-term interest.
Productivity: Focus time and resources on activities that will yield the greatest benefit; Get work done within a given time frame; Set realistic personal goals and work plans that are consistent with the business needs and strategy; Work effectively under pressure – balance multiple objectives and have good attention to detail.
Adaptability: Be able to manage change and remain flexible to individual situations. Change the plan or goal to fit the situation.
- Opportunity for career progression within a dynamic, forward-thinking team who are willing to encourage and assist with career progression.
- Normal Office Hours Monday – Friday 9-5.30pm
- 28 Days Holidays (including stats, Christmas & New Year Shutdown)
- Option to join a contributory stakeholder pension scheme after three month’s service.
- Option to join the company’s health benefit scheme after three month’s service.
- Workplace Bonus Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Staff health and wellbeing programme.
- Free on-site parking
- Kitchen/catering facilities on site including complimentary tea/coffee/milk/water/bread and butter.
- Opportunity for personal and professional development and attend external training seminars.
- Casual dress code
- Fruit and healthy snacks provided
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newry, BT35 6EF: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)